[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Design methodology in an OODL environment

On Friday, June 22, 2001, at 12:45  am, Levi Conley wrote:

> What I'm imagining (hoping, in fact) that developing with
> Dylan will allow (encourage even) is a kind of jump right in the
> middle and code your way out approach, an iterative, spiralling
> development cycle, expanding and improving along the way without
> running into major roadblocks (beyond simple ignorance, which is easy
> to remedy).

This is how I program in Dylan (not for Gwydion or other public
libraries, but for my own programs). :-) Things like not having to
declare types until later and the separation of objects from methods
make it very easy.

> Can Dylan work this way, or am I being naive and asking for trouble?

Planning never hurt anyone, but Dylan can certainly work this way. With
Functional Developer you get the interactor, an excellent debugger,
optimization coloring and other useful stuff to let you see how your
code is performing and what it's doing.

- Rob.