[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Development cicle on Linix

On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 03:30:01PM -0400, Aleksandr Skobelev wrote:
> I'm wondering if there are Dylan programmers, who work under Linux, in
> this newsgroup? Couldn't they, if so,  tell me, please, about a
> software development cycle on this platform?

Using Gwydion Dylan, the development process is slightly cumbersome, but
definitely doable.  You:

  1) Buy a reasonably fast box (900MHz == great, 233MHz == slow but bearable).
  2) Write a bunch of Dylan code.
  3) Wait a few minutes for it to compile.
  4) Test it.
  5) Debug it with dybug, which is clunky but usable.
  6) Repeat steps (2)-(5) until done.

I imagine that Functional Developer is much more pleasant to use, of
course.

Cheers,
Eric