[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: dylan-user

--- natas <cubicle666@hell.com> wrote:

> > > I don't understand why the Module: statement is
> needed, if libraries
> > > are at
> > > the top of the hierarchy, i.e., libraries
> contain modules.  Doesn't this
> > > statement say that the time library is in the
> dylan-user module?
> >
> > I should know this one. :-) I think it's also
> because code has to be in
> > modules. :-) Hopefully someone can give a better
> answer than this.
> >

> *sigh*, this semi-circular-chicken-and-egg stuff is
> really bugging me!  :-)
> Some of my confusion is coming from the fact that in
> my mind, the define
> library isn't really "code" (is it?).  Sure it's
> code, but it's not
> _executable code_.

Let's put it this way:
Top-level-forms (which generalize "code") are only
allowed in modules.
Since modules (and their hosting libraries) can only
be
declared as a top-level-forms, there is a need for
some pre-existing module that allows this. Dylan-user
module
fullfils this purpose.

Hope this helps,

	Gabor