[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Guide to gd sources?

In article
<Pine.GSO.4.21.0112131252130.3709-100000@godzilla.ce.chalmers.se>,
Robert Feldt <feldt@ce.chalmers.se> wrote:

> I'd like to check out the interals of d2c. Is there any guide/overview or
> papers out there? Any info appreciated!

Unfortunately the current team are not the original authors and we got
the code from CMU with little documentation, so we're involved in an
ongoing process of reverse-engineering and trying to document what we
learn as we work on various parts.

Start from:

  http://www.gwydiondylan.org/gdref.phtml

What we know (and have documented) about the internals is at:

  http://www.gwydiondylan.org/gdref/gdmaint.html

If you have trouble understanding something and can't find documentation
we'd like to know -- chances are someone can explain it but just hasn't.
And if you have an *ah-ha* then we'd like to hear about it.  Notes
appreciated...

If you get *really* enthusiastic, you can check out the source code for
the documentation as the gd/ref module in the cvs server and submit some
diffs.

-- Bruce