[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Fun-O Basic Edition Compiler

Raffael Cavallaro wrote:

> On Friday, December 21, 2001, at 05:26  AM, Jason Trenouth wrote:
>
> > If you want to do benchmarking I suggest that you create a project and
> > ensure that the compilation mode is "production".
> >
> > Once you done that you can use the compiler's code colouring to
> > improve the efficiency of your code by supplying extra type
> > information, etc.
>
> Thanks. I figured that optimizations were off, but I couldn't see how to
> change them. I'll build a simple project as you suggest.
>
> Raf

I get 2.8x speedup in production mode over development mode.
Unfortunately, the lispworks version with no type declarations
runs 1.6x faster than that.

(The Lispworks version _with_ type declarations runs slower than
the version without.  I assume it's inserting runtime type checks
to verify the decls aren't violated.)