[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Anyone implemented Dylan in Scheme?

Marc Feeley and one of his students did some work, which progressed
as far as the release of an initial version of an interpreter (Idyl) for
Dylan
written in Scheme. Take a look at
http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~boucherd/idyl.html.
I believe the Scheme code can be downloaded. While I haven't
looked at the code, I imagine this could be an easy way to get started
with parsing Dylan. It is unclear to me if the Dylan macro system was
supported,
but if so, that also would be a big help.

Another pointer: familiarity with the CLOS-like object system from Xerox
written in Scheme and with Meroon would probably be big assets in
implementing Dylan.

Jim Bender

8cd70836.0112241719.b1188eb@posting.google.com">news:8cd70836.0112241719.b1188eb@posting.google.com...