[Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Dylan on Macintosh OS X

In article <12292224.DFOXRTYT@news.earthlink.net>, Andrew Shalit
<murrienxnospamx@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Hi Folks -
>
> I just got my news reader working.  Good to see all the activity!
>
> A question: is there any version of Dylan -- Gwydion, FunDev, etc -- running
> on Macintosh OS X?  Has anyone begun looking at that project?
>
> I'm back to my Macintosh roots, and I'd love to have a version of Dylan that
> I could do some playing around in.

Good to see you back on the Mac! OS X is a joy to use: robust, elegant,
and reasonably fast. Not having weird crashes is a relief.

A friend of mine just mentioned that he was doing some x86 programming
in Dylan...I hadn't thought about in years. He said I might want to
give it another look.

By the way, didn't you write one of the only books on Dylan?

I like Squeak, the open source version of Smalltalk. Available on
nearly every platform and with several books out on it already. Sort of
the "Linux of Smalltalk."

--Tim May