Re: <index-out-of-bounds-error>

Bruce Hoult wrote:

> It's not thrown away.  The <simple-error> contains not only the error
> text but also a reference to the actual collection object (vector,
> string etc) and the index value that caused the problem.

Yes, but how will a program know how to classify/interpret that?  Your
earlier remarks:

   with an appropriate message/format string and arguments

suggested that it was basically a human-readable format.

> As it's an open project, anyone is welcome to implement such a heirarchy
> if they feel a need for it.  They can even copy what Functional
> Developer does, if they want.  Which would then mean we could call it a
> standard :-)   (or persuade them to change if they did something silly)

It doesn't sound like what FD does is very interesting in this regard
either, since they apparently they don't export the relevant error types.