Re: circular module uses

--- Hugh Greene <hgreene@yahoo.*.com> wrote:
[snip]

> > GD does not complain about it at least, but does
> not see \zzz from inside \b either.
> > I guess this is a bug.
>
> That seems weird ... unless you've got some
> non-default "import:"
> clauses on the "use c;" in b's definition?

No, the example comes from an intended bugfix to the
GD compiler:

http://berlin.ccc.de/cgi-bin/cvsweb/gd/src/d2c/compiler/front

In fer-builder.dylan I want to add a method to
build-defn-set, specialized on <bindings-definition>.

<bindings-definition> is in var-defns.dylan (module
variable-definitions).

To get it in fer-builder.dylan, front-exports.dylan
has to be changed to "use variable-definitions" from
"module front". Doing this results in an error when
compiling.
Additionally moving the "define module
variable-definitions" _before_ "define module front"
solves it. Strange. Maybe we should look at the
exporting algorithm.

Thanks,

	Gabor