getting started: Mac OS, Carbon, Dylan

Uhm,

How to get started developing a Carbon app (for use on OS 9 for now)? I've
played with the d2c plug-in, got the ray tracer working on CW Pro 7.2. Do I
have to figure out how to use melange to interface to the Mac Toolbox
myself? Or is there some work I can start with? What about some samples for
dealing with Carbon? I know it would be way too much to expect a framework
as extensive as say PowerPlant, but I'm hoping I don't have to do quite
everything myself.

FYI, here's a rough outline of what I need to do:

- read files off a remote disk (LAN connection, AppleShare is fine)

- communicate with PostgreSQL running on the same computer

- communicate between to Dylan apps on different computers--simple comms,
using vanilla sockets should be no problem

- present simple forms to the user, maybe a half-dozen or so items (text,
popup, checkbox)

- display TIFF images, iow use QuickTime

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@killerbytes.com