Re: Microsoft Research: Announcing grants for shared source CLI and C# implementations

"Scott McKay" <swm@attbi.com> wrote:

>When CLI supports languages like Lisp and Dylan, I will be glad
>to contribute and I am sure others on these lists will as well.

Have you looked at the list of researchers at Microsoft ?
There are at least two Turing award winners.

Gary Starkweather (  laser printer)
Chuck Thacker, (engineered the   Alto )
Butler Lampson (  bit-mapped fonts )
Gordon Bell  (VAX architecture )
Jim Gray ( transaction processing and two-phase commit)
Rick Rashid (  Mach )

For a longer list of around 600 full time researchers, have a look at
http://research.microsoft.com/people/

I suspect that they do not really need your efforts.