Dylan and OpenGL?

I am looking for a new way of doing a project of mine, and dylan seems
to be quite nice. I am writing an oo app for some physics simulation
which uses openGL for real-time visualization. I have done it in cpp,
with over 20k lines of code so far, but I am not satisfied with the
outcome. And I am somehow stuck, as cpp doesn't allow me to do things I
want, at least not the way I want to.

Basically, I would like to know if it is performance wise possible to
achieve cpp levels, and if there are no technical hindrances. I would
like to make my program cross-platform, but am developing on OS 9 with
CW 6 at the time. I am talking about putting about 100k-1000k triangles
or more on the screen per second on current hardware. That is pretty
much what my cpp code can do, even though it doesnt do much right now.

http://www.geocities.com/powersof2000/Prog_Papers/index.html
(this has not been updated for a month, I lost my password somehow...but
the idea is there, i guess)

Any help is appreciated, really. I am thrown around between c++,
objective c, and more object oriented languages. One of my biggest
current problems is the large number of dependecies, as far as files go.
With over 50 header/implementation pairs (and as many classes),
compilation starts to be a real pain in the rear when I have to make
some minor changes to a header file.

I have looked at several depictions of dylan, but could not really judge
how it behaves in real world applications, and how the development
process really is (which is another important factor. I would not want
to miss a good IDE like CodeWarrior).

TIA,

 - DoG