Simpe Gwydion question

I just tried to write a simple dylan program. And I have the
following questions (they should be answerd in any tutorial
but I was unable to to find the answers):
-- How one prints a floating point number.  I was able
   to find examples of format, but only for integers
-- How one conwerts between numbers and strings (both integers
   and floating point)
-- How one declares an array of doubles.  Currently I use generic
   array and the program is VERY slow. I tried
   limited(<vector>, of: <double-float>)
   but then the program died at runtime.

--
                              Waldek Hebisch