Re: What?

Rainer Joswig <joswig@lispmachine.de> writes:

>> Scheme for basic semantics.
> What is that exactly? Lisp1, tail-recursion, "?" naming convention for
> predicates. What else?

The ? naming convention actually comes from T, a dialect of Scheme.
The only other Schemy thing I can think of is that Dylan macros are
hygienic by default, although unhygienic references are possible when
needed.

Then Dylan distinguishes between false and the empty list, but I' not
sure if that is something that can be attributed to Scheme.

>> Common Lisp Object System (CLOS) for the object system, and exception
>> handling.
> What about: parameter list , keywords, numerics, setters,
> multiple values, lots of the library functions, ... ?
> Looks a lot like Common Lisp to me.

Certainly Common Lisp is the language from which Dylan inherited most
of its features.  One should not forget type annotations here, or
streams and locators.

> (defmethod read-lines ((stream stream))
>   (loop for line = (read-line stream nil nil)
>         while line collect line))

Hehe, loop is quite a nifty macro :).

Andreas

--
"In my eyes it is never a crime to steal knowledge. It is a good
theft. The pirate of knowledge is a good pirate."