Re: What?

At 05:30 PM 8/11/2002 -0400, Bruce Hoult wrote:
>In article <joswig-CDF2A4.13101611082002@news.fu-berlin.de>,
> Rainer Joswig <joswig@lispmachine.de> wrote:
>
>> Hehe, I hear the Gwydion Dylan people are adding more Lisp stuff
>> to Dylan.
>
>What are you thinking of here?  I'm certainly interested in seeing if
>there's anything that CL obviously does better than Dylan, but to date
>I'm not aware of any changes that have been made to the Dylan language.

He's probably referring to the work on procedural macros and
interactivity that was done at the recent Dylan Hackers Conference.

I have to say that even though I think it would be fun to have
those things in GD, what's much more important in my opinion
is getting threading working, speeding up the compiler, and
implementing libraries.

(Just my two cents from the sidelines.)

>Oh, wait ... I did add a "foo = bar" clause to the for loop as a
>shorthand for "foo = bar then baz" where bar and baz are the same
>expression.  So the summing example can be written as:

I like this addition.  It's one of the reasons I never use "do"
in CL, and always opt for "loop" instead.