Previously, I was a postdoctoral scholar at Stanford Artificial Intelligence Laboratory with the Computer Vision group led by Professor Fei-Fei Li. Before that, I completed my PhD at Massachusetts Institute of Technology under the guidance of Professor Antonio Torralba, and also had a half-year long postdoc under Professor William Freeman. I received my bachelor degree at the University of California - Berkeley, where I worked in the Computer Vision lab under the guidance of Professor Jitendra Malik. I also have spent time at Microsoft Research, Adobe Creative Technologies Lab, and Google.
- December 2016: I am co-organizing the 2nd Workshop on Visual Understanding for Interaction in conjunction with CVPR 2017. Stay tuned for the details!
- October 2016: an invited talk at the 3DV tutorial - Workshop on Understanding 3D and Visuo-Motor Learning on October 28th.
- May 2016: an invited talk at the RSS workshop - Bootstrapping Manipulation Skills on June 19th.
- April 2016: I will be joining the University of Southern California (USC) as an assistant professor on January 1st, 2017.
- I recently co-organized the 1st Workshop on Object Understanding for Interaction in conjunction with ICCV 2015, and the 1st Workshop on 3D Deep Learning in conjunction with NIPS 2016.
High-Fidelity Facial and Speech Animation for VR HMDsSIGGRAPH Asia 2016, Macau, China. [PDF]
Physics 101: Learning Physical Object Properties from Unlabeled Videos
Galileo: Perceiving Physical Object Properties by Integrating a Physics Engine with Deep Learning
FPM: Fine pose Parts-based Model with 3D CAD models
Context by Region Ancestry
Recognition using Regions
A Distributed Message Passing Algorithm for Sensor Localization
- Course Instructor (Winter 2014). 6.S093 Visual Recognition through Machine Learning Competition
Teaching Assistant (Spring 2010). 6.869: Advances in Computer Vision
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowship (2009-2014)
- Organization: Workshop on Object Understanding for Interaction (ICCV 2015), CMT Assistant (CVPR 2015)
- Reviewer: ICCV (2011-2015), ECCV (2012-2016), CVPR (2011-2015), ACCV (2012,2014), IJCAI (2016), NIPS (2016), SIGGRAPH (2016), IJCV, TPAMI
- Program Committee: SUN workshop - CVPR (2013), Story Telling workshop - ECCV (2014), 3D from a single image workshop - CVPR (2015)