ruby

I am surprised to hear a fair amount of discussion about python/perl
and little discussion about ruby. I use ruby at work (and in small
part in some research projects at nyu) and have found it to be a great
replacement for python/perl. I'm glad its finally catching on in the
states (dr. dobbs, ibm, o'reilly, etc. have all started to cover ruby)
and I can't reccomend ruby stongly enough. The following are links to
some good ruby resources if you haven't already been introduced to the
language.

Eli

* Good introductory slides:

http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/talks/introruby/introruby.htm

* "Programming Ruby" is a great book and the full text
is available at:

http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/ruby/index.html

* The main site

http://www.ruby-lang.org
http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/whats.html

* Dr. Dobb's Journal Jan. 2001: Programming in Ruby by Dave Thomas
and Andy Hunt

http://www.ddj.com/documents/s=871/ddj0101b/0101b.htm

* "Ruby in a Nutshell" by O'Reilly

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/ruby/