Re: ARC

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 09:31:29AM +1100, Drew Whitehouse wrote:
> Syntax matters. Language designers are finally beginning to realize
> they are designing languages for people, rather than to impress the
> Gods. And that means syntax is *extremely important*.

>From Paul's talk, I got the impression that Arc *was* to impress the
Gods. I don't mean that in a bad way - I'd *love* to see a language
designed specifically for good programmers, and Arc looks like it's
heading towards something I'd love to see. And if that's the case,
then "Arc for Idiots" isn't going to happen anyway, because Arc isn't
for idiots.

Of course this means it probably won't take off commercially, but
I think it'll still have sufficient redeeming features to stop it
being just another research language.

--
#define struct union /* Great space saver */