Re: Syntax extension of infix languages

On 15 Dec 2001, Eric Kidd wrote:
> I'm stuck in a terrible bind. :-/
>
> I'm designing an infix language, and I want to support syntax
> extension.  There are some interesting papers in the literature, but
> most of them seem to have rough edges.

Prolog uses an extensible infix grammar based on an extension of
operator grammars. A program can introduce new infix operators with
specified associativity, precedence, and fixity (infix, prefix, postfix).
The parser always translates the expressions into operator syntax
trees in a fairly simple manner.

Has anyone tried using a Prolog style syntax for Scheme? It might
provide an interesting (and easy to use) "skin" for Scheme.

---Tim---