Re: what is the problem?

> From: "Benoit Cerrina" <b.cerrina@wanadoo.fr>
> Cc: <paulgraham@yahoo.com>, <kevin_kelleher@non.hp.com>,
> 	<ll1-discuss@ai.mit.edu>
> Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 09:00:16 +0100
>
> Yes Matz new about ruby.
> Benoit

You mean, Matz (Ruby's creator) knew about python.  I know; that's why I
said it was tongue-in-cheek.  I remember Matz posting to comp.lang.python
when Ruby was still in the experimental stage.  What surprises me is how
many Ruby aficionados haven't tried python; the two languages are extremely
similar.  Ruby has more syntax and a more Smalltalky object system, but
other than that there isn't any compelling difference AFAICT.

Mike