Re: Demystifying Continuations

You're right, continuations are not hard to understand at
the level of implementation.  They're stacks plus program
counters.  What gets mind-bending is what you can do with
them.  Nondeterministic algorithms, for example.  Or
continuations called on themselves.

A good analogy would be Euler's formula.  e, i, pi, and
-1 are not hard to represent.  But the fact that e^i*pi = -1
seems to me very uncanny.

--pg