Re: Scriptometer: measuring the ease of SOP (Script Oriented Programming) of programming languages

>1. is the JVM (or .NET) a nice bytecode to build scripting languages
>on top of it?
>

>1. I don't know much about this. All I can say is that JVM is
>dynamically typed and reflexive and this helps. A pb may be
>performance.

At LL1, the Perl folks explained that they were writing a whole new VM
because
the JVM was inadequate to do what they needed.  I suggested that
explaining the
details of this would make a great paper.  It would sure be nice if
somebody, within
the Perl team or not, would understand what's going on and write a paper
about it.
Perhaps someone could find a student for whom this would be a suitable
project.