Re: Y Store now C++

Dorai Sitaram wrote:

>Unattended source-to-source transformation is fairly
>easy in s-exp-based languages.

Actually I've never seen that done, ever, in real life situations.

> It may well be one of
>the selling points of such languages.

It wasn't at Symbolics, where we were trying hard to sell Lisp.

> For this reason,
>I doubt that Lisp2 is being reluctantly tolerated
>merely for backward compatibilty.

Well, that's why Common Lisp was like that. We did not want to tell
all our users that they had to run a tool over all the programs that would
somehow try to find all those name conflicts and fix them: they would
have screamed bloody murder.