Re: A plea for a new old language

   Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 09:48:29 -0400
   To: Mike Newhall <mike@newhall.net>, Michael Vanier <mvanier@cs.caltech.edu>
   From: Dan Sugalski <dan@sidhe.org>
   Subject: Re: A plea for a new old language
   Cc: kkell@znet.com, ll1-discuss@ai.mit.edu

   At 10:26 PM -0400 5/9/03, Mike Newhall wrote:
   >	Of course, *real* Real Programmers program in assembly (when
   >we are too lazy to use machine language), where CPS, continuations,
   >or anything else you can think up is possible, even easy, with a
   >judicious use of macros.  :-)

   Write assembly? Bah! Real programmers create their own assembly then
   write the simulator code to run it! :-P

Three real programmers talking:

 "When I started, we didn't have these sissy windows and icons.
  All we had was ones and zeroes. And sometimes we didn't even have ones."

 "I wrote an entire database just using zeroes."

 "You had zeroes? We had to use the letter `O'."

(From Scott Adams, "Dilbert".  One of my favorites.)

--Guy