Re: PG: Hackers and Painters

At 03:33 PM 2003.05.14 -0400, Zachery Bir wrote:
>Personally, I think the lone wolf cowboy attitude needs a trip through
>a refactoring browser. But that's me. Perhaps it's a matter of
>experience. Maybe all my old-timer colleagues would really prefer for
>the young'ns to just get the hell out.

	This assumes that the "cowboy attitude" is an attitude, and not a personality.  It may be that collectivist programming works best for some people, and individualistic programming works best for others, and both kinds of programmers can contribute to an organization.

	Another alternative is that both kinds of programming work for all people some of the time.