Re: Practical fallout from types and type inferencing

Look at the papers on polytypic programming (google is your friend) and
two-level types (Sheard and others at OGI).  The latter appears to be a
practical application of the former.

I use two-level types for writing AOP interpreters, because
	(a) they make code walkers over ast obvious
	(b) they allow me to add decorations like types (stated or
            inferred) to my ast -- and that lets me separate the
	    typechecker into its own module.

Chris Dutchyn
cdutchyn@cs.ubc.ca