Homework Grading Instructions:
- Comments to the students are the most important part of the process
- Grade on a scale of check/check+/check-/NTI (not turned in).
Completely correct and nicely
written gets a grade of check. Confusingly written solutions should get at
A grade of check+ should only be given sparingly to solutions that are far
better than the rest, either because there is a very clever idea or
a particularly nice writeup (not just a good writeup).
I will provide an excel file in which to enter the grades. Please
enter a number corresponding to the grade
as follows: check+=3, check = 2, check-=1, NTI =0.
- Within one week, I would like a file containing the name, grade and a summary of the
- Prepare a solution in latex format. If there are
alternate solutions, sketch the ideas for those too. It is fine
to use a solution that was turned in as your "model", but you should ask
permission from the person that wrote it.
- When you are done, please meet with me
to go over the homeworks and the solution.