Homework Grading Instructions:
- Comments to the students are the most important part of the process
- Grade on a scale of check, check-, check+.
Bascially correct and nicely
written gets a grade of check. Confusingly written or mostly
wrong solutions should get
A grade of check+ should only be given sparingly to solutions that are far
better than the rest, either because there is a very clever idea or
a particularly nice writeup (not just a good writeup).
- Within one week, I would like a file containing the name, grade and a summary of the
comments. (I will give you a format)
- comments should include whether the homework was
late (and if so, what date it was turned in) and which types of
problems there were in the solution.
- Prepare a solution in latex format. If there are
alternate solutions, sketch the ideas for those too.
- When you are done, please meet with me
to go over the homeworks and the solution.
- Note that part of your grade in the course depends on the
quality of your grading, solution writeup and promptness.