My mission is to make robots move fluidly and dynamically by advancing the state of the art in optimization-based control. My current research is focused on developing robust and efficient control algorithms for dynamic locomotion and whole-body manipulation in humanoids. I have had the pleasure of working with a variety of amazing robots including uBot, Robonaut 2, and Atlas. For more information, please check out some of my publications or download my CV.
- Apr 16, 2014: The Atlas walking code from our ICRA 2014 paper is now available for download!
- Feb 24, 2014: Our RSS 2014 DRC workshop proposal has been accepted.
- Jan 15, 2014: Our paper entitled An Efficiently Solvable Quadratic Program for Stabilizing Dynamic Locomotion was accepted to ICRA 2014.
- Jan 05, 2014: CSAIL published a new spotlight article on our DRC trials effort.
- Dec 22, 2013: Our team placed 4th in the DRC Trials, earning us a slot as a finalist to compete in the 2014 Robotics Challenge! Check out the day 1 and day 2 video wraps.
- Dec 21, 2013: The DRC Trials in Miami is a blast! Check out DARPA's video spotlight on team MIT.
- Aug 15, 2013: We have unboxed Atlas, now it's time to make it move :)
- Jun 27, 2013: Our team placed 3rd in the DARPA Virtual Robotics Challange! Check out the CSAIL Spotlight article on our VRC effort.
- Nov 13, 2012: Our paper entitled Variable Risk Control via Stochastic Optimization has been accepted to the International Journal of Robotics Research.
- Aug 24, 2012: I have successfully defended my PhD thesis!
- Jul 13, 2012: I am pleased and honored to have been awarded the Best Spotlight Talk and Electronic Poster at RSS 2012.
- Jun 17, 2012: I received a NICTA student fellowship for travel to RSS to present our paper entitled Variational Bayesian Optimization for Runtime Risk-Sensitive Control.
- Jun 11, 2012: I'm excited to be back at Johnson Space Center working with the R2 team! Check out this video from my previous visit.