My mission is to make robots move fluidly and dynamically by advancing the state of the art in optimization-based control. My current research is focused on developing robust and efficient control algorithms for dynamic locomotion and whole-body manipulation in humanoids. I have had the pleasure of working with a variety of amazing robots including uBot, Robonaut 2, and Atlas. For more information, please check out some of my publications or download my CV.
I'll be applying for faculty positions in the fall, so please let me know if your department is hiring!
- Apr 30, 2014: The Technology Review named Agile Robots as one of the top 10 technology breakthroughs of 2014 and highlighted our work on balance control with Atlas.
- Apr 16, 2014: The Atlas walking code from our ICRA 2014 paper is now available for download!
- Feb 24, 2014: Our RSS 2014 DRC workshop proposal has been accepted.
- Jan 15, 2014: Our paper entitled An Efficiently Solvable Quadratic Program for Stabilizing Dynamic Locomotion was accepted to ICRA 2014.
- Dec 22, 2013: Our team placed 4th in the DRC Trials, earning us a slot as a finalist to compete in the 2014 Robotics Challenge! Check out the day 1 and day 2 video wraps.
- Jun 27, 2013: Our team placed 3rd in the DARPA Virtual Robotics Challange! Check out the CSAIL Spotlight article on our VRC effort.
- Nov 13, 2012: Our paper entitled Variable Risk Control via Stochastic Optimization has been accepted to the International Journal of Robotics Research.
- Aug 24, 2012: I have successfully defended my PhD thesis!
- Jul 13, 2012: I am pleased and honored to have been awarded the Best Spotlight Talk and Electronic Poster at RSS 2012.
- Jun 17, 2012: I received a NICTA student fellowship for travel to RSS to present our paper entitled Variational Bayesian Optimization for Runtime Risk-Sensitive Control.
- Jun 11, 2012: I'm excited to be back at Johnson Space Center working with the R2 team! Check out this video from my previous visit.