This page contains a comprehensive list of resources that are used in the project.
Data source type 1: Properties of adulterants and food products
- FoodEssentials LabelAPI - Database of food products sold in the US. Contains list of ingredients and product category for every product.
- UMLS Metathesaurus - Database of ingredient and chemical profiles compiled form multiple sources. An online version is available here.
Data source type 2: Known cases of adulterant-food product pairs
- Rapid Alert System for Food and Feed (RASFF) - Database of food-related infractions in the European Union which contains possible adulterations.
- FDA Import Refusals - FDA database of food, drugs, and medical devices that have been refused entry to the US.
- USP Food Fraud Database - Database developed by the U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) containing food ingredient fraud reports and associated analytical detection methods.
- EMA Incidents Database - Developed by the Food Protection and Defense Institute, the Economically Motivated Adulteration (EMA) Incidents Database contains information compiled through literature and media searches of incidents in food products since 1980.
Last Updated: Jan 22, 2016