Re: Bob for embedded systems.

> What an unfortunate name.  Wasn't Microsoft's reviled 'Bob'
> partly implemented in Lisp?  This bit of guilt-by-association
> has not helped Lisp's name in the larger community.

Actually, my "Bob" language predates the Microsoft version of "Bob".

> Perhaps Mr. Betz will consider changing the name of his
> system to 'Robert', 'Robby', 'Billy-Bob', etc.

There was a roast beef sandwich place near where I went to school that was
called "Bill and Bob's". The same people opened an upscale restaurant and
called it "William and Robert's". Maybe "Robert" (or "Rob") wouldn't be such
a bad idea. :-)