Re: Gwydion-Dylan 2.3.6 much bigger?

In article <Gq53D2.960@leeds.ac.uk>, eennjp@electeng.leeds.ac.uk wrote:

> The debian 2.3.6 package is about 17M + 12M (devel) bigger than the
> 2.3.5 version; has gd grown by that much, or is this likely just a
> debug build?

Gwydion has generally been shrinking each release as code generation and
optimization has improved, and this is no exception ... both the MacOS X
build (which I did) and the Solaris build are half a meg smaller than
the previous version.

I'm not sure how Debian packages are made but if it's not automated then
the size could very greatly depending on a lot of factors, ranging from
compiler settings (--debug) to whether or not demo program executables
are in it (at nearly 2 MB each they soon add up...) to whether or not
the binaries are stripped.

-- Bruce