Re: a thought on mixing Dylan & HTML

Scott Ribe <scott_ribe@killerbytes.com> writes:

> > You probably would be interested in the Curl language, which combines
> > HTML-like capability with that of high-level languages.
>
> I've looked at it and found it quite interesting! (Steve Ward is a really
> bright guy.) But 2 things:
>
> - I want server-side processing only; no browser plug-in required.

Yes, Curl is really aimed at the client-side.  Eventually, it will be a good
server-side language as well, but right now we are focusing our effort on the
client.

> - I ain't about to pay anybody a fee per kb of code executed! No way, no
> how.

That is understandable, many people have objected to this business model and
we are planning to modify it, but I don't know the exact details.  If the only
thing stopping you from considering using Curl commercially is the business
model, I would encourage you to contact our sales people to work something out.

(The old model actually makes a lot of sense if you are using Curl in an
internet model in which your costs are proportional to the load on your
servers and the amount of bandwidth you have to pay for.)

- Christopher