Re: Gwydion & threads

Rob Myers <robmyers@mac.com> writes:

> > What's the problem? Is it the two-word representation of objects?
> > That would make it hard to do assignments atomically, which I think
> > the Dylan threads spec requires.
> Yes, that's the one. IIRC Andreas wrote a threads test that crashed
> pretty quickly because of this.

I *think* it crashed because I didn't do anything about locking in the
streams library.  I didn't research it any further, because I had no
clue how to implement thread-local variables.

There's no fundamental problem with GD and threads, it just needs to
be done.  IIRC, assignments don't need to be atomic.

Andreas

--
"In my eyes it is never a crime to steal knowledge. It is a good
theft. The pirate of knowledge is a good pirate."