Re: OT - Curl & patents

Jeff Dalton wrote:
> Anyway, I thought there was something called a service mark (similar
> to but different from a trade mark) that was used for Ada to ensure
> that anything called Ada conformed to the standard.

A "certification mark."

See http://archive.adaic.com/pol-hist/policy/trademrk.txt ("The same
section of the United States Code
that defines a trademark also defines another type of mark called a
''certification mark.''  Such a mark may be used to certify ''quality,
accuracy, or other characteristics'' of goods or services. // In order
to be a validated Ada compiler, a compiler must pass an extensive suite
of programs called the Ada Compiler Validation Capability (ACVC).")