Problem with <each-subclass-slot-info>

Hi,

I'm currently learning Dylan with the help of the book "Dylan Programming"[1]
and i think i hit a know problem. I defined a class with a "each-subclass"
slot and d2c gives me:
  Expected an instance of {Class <instance-slot-info>}, but got
  {<each-subclass-slot-info> instance}
So i went to groups.google.com and found out that this problem was reported
some time ago. Now i wanted to ask if this problem is solved with 2.3.8
(i'm currently using 2.3.4 FreeBSD-port) and it's worth upgrading?
If not does anybody know a way to workaround this problem?
(I'm really new to Dylan and OOP in general, so i don't know how
to get similar functionality without using each-subclass)

Thanks in advance

Martin

[1] Feinberg, Keene, Mathews, Withington - "Dylan Programming"
    ISBN: 0-201-47976-1
--
The instructions said to use Windows 98 or better, so I installed FreeBSD.

		-- Jim Levie in comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc --