Re: dylan revival

"Neelakantan Krishnaswami" <neelk@alum.mit.edu> wrote in message
slrnaan7g7.q1m.neelk@h00045a4799d6.attbi.com">news:slrnaan7g7.q1m.neelk@h00045a4799d6.attbi.com...

> \begin{halfjoking}
>
> I think that there are only three languages that "everybody" knows how
> to implement: Pascal, R3RS Scheme and Smalltalk. Nearly every popular
> language is a linear combination of those three languages, and any
> features not in those languages (macros, multimethods, type inference)
> starts with two strikes against it. If you doubt me, look at Python,
> Perl, Ruby, Visual Basic, C, or Java. The only exception to this rule
> is C++, and all the parts that aren't from the three well-understood
> languages are misdesigned.
>
> \end{halfjoking}

  What is needed is an information pool to handle the new language
  feature. On of the best documents in this direction is

    The GOF Design Patterns in a Dynamic OO Language
    by greg
    http://www.ai.mit.edu/~gregs/

  But who is able to find this document without knowning the
  multidispatch community.

  I searched on the NEC Research Index and by Google and found several
  documents, but I did not have a good yield.

  What I am missing is a web page "TheDynamicMultiDispatchSide"
  were a broad community can download papers about
   (1) The language features for a new programm design and style.
   (2) how to handle the new features.

  Peter