Re: string-to-float

robmyers@mac.com writes:

> It may have moved. Peter or Andreas may know where it's gone. It
> wasn't very good by all accounts (I wrote it). :-)

According to CVS, Peter removed it when checking in the new
string-to-integer.  Whether that was on purpose or an accident is hard
to say.

Anyways, whoever comes up with a precise and efficient floating point
reading and printing (as in x == float-to-string(string-to-float(x))
for all x) wins a honorable mention in the Gwydion documentation.

Andreas

--
"In my eyes it is never a crime to steal knowledge. It is a good
theft. The pirate of knowledge is a good pirate."