Re: string-to-float

On Monday, July 22, 2002, at 01:00 PM, Carl Gay wrote:

> robmyers@mac.com wrote:
>>
>> Well, it used to be in there:
>>
>> http://berlin.ccc.de/cgi-bin/cvsweb/gd/src/common/common-
>> dylan/extensions.dylan?rev=1.12&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup
>>
>> It may have moved. Peter or Andreas may know where it's gone. It wasn't
>> very good by all accounts (I wrote it). :-)
>>
>> - Rob.
>
> Thanks.  Well it'll have to do for now.  :)  You wouldn't have any
> problem
> with me including it in an open source project would you?

It's under the LGPL because it used to be in extensions.dylan, which is
LGPL. So as long as you don't mind using LGPL code that's fine.

Do any LGPL gurus know if I'm right about this? :-)

I must add my utitlity code to GD: I've got a nice string tokenizer and
some useful numerical stuff as well as the string-to-float code.

- Rob.