Re: What?

On Sunday, August 11, 2002, at 03:45 PM, Andreas Bogk wrote:

> mw <nsp4@mac.com> writes:
>
>> are any big-time applications actually created in this language? I
>> would
>
> Well, the biggest so far are the two implementations of the language.

The Koala web server and Chris Double's Creatures editors are good
examples of *medium*-sized applications that I can think of.

>> think it would be kind of hard since none of the major operating
>> systems
>> have APIs in Dylan.
>
> Well, one needs to wrap the C APIs.

Fun-O have done this for Win32, there are some Carbon wrapper with MacOS
X GD, and you get the UNIX functionality on every platform. :-) The
Gwydion GTk+ wrappers should be usable in themselves as well.

So three of the major platforms (Win32, GTk and MacOS X) have API
wrappers in Dylan.

- Rob.