Re: What?

On Monday, Aug 12, 2002, at 10:45PM, Bruce Hoult <bruce@hoult.org> wrote:

>Don't get me wrong.  I think this is a *good* thing, that different
>sorts of groupings use visually different marks, or even english words,
>to group them.  This is one of the ways in which CL syntax is better
>than Scheme syntax.  Dylan just takes it a little further, replacing a
>few more types grouping with symbols or words instead of parentheses.

Yes, this sort of visual differentiation is very useful in reading code. It gives context, much the same as scroll and title bars on a window. I know you can badly format or prettyprint anything, but that is external to the syntax (unless the language is Pythyon :-) ).
Lisp has (), C++ has const. :-) Differentiation helps recognition, ask a typographer. :-)

- Rob.