Re: Comparison of Lisp to Python

----- Original Message -----
From: <robmyers@mac.com>
To: <info-dylan@ai.mit.edu>
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2002 11:20 PM
Subject: Comparison of Lisp to Python

> Interesting link:
>
> http://www.strout.net/python/pythonvslisp.html
>
> I don't agree with most of it, but as I say it's interesting. The point
> about reader macros relates to the recent discussion of syntactical
> regularity.

Hmmm. Looks a bit clueless to me.

Rating Common Lisp as less expressive than Python is a tell-tale sign. The
author thinks CL exception handling is about catch-and-throw, and that CL
data types only get as far as association lists. The comments are decades
out of date even when written.

The author also doesn't consider native compilation or true garbage garbage
collection to be important criteria.

Peter Norvig's comparison is more considered:

http://www.norvig.com/python-lisp.html

__Jason