Re: sql-odbc: accessing row elements by column name?

"Chris Double" <chris@double.co.nz> wrote in message
uy9ad5jsm.fsf@double.co.nz">news:uy9ad5jsm.fsf@double.co.nz...
> Carl Gay <carlgay@attbi.com> writes:
>
> > I like JDBC's ability to access row elements by name.  Is there any
> > way to do that in the SQL-ODBC library?
>
> There doesn't seem to be a way unfortunately. The source for the
> SQL-ODBC library shipped with Harlequin Dylan 1.0 and was removed in
> later versions. If you can find the personal edition of HD 1.0 then
> you can get the source and play with it.
>
> Chris.

Is the return value a single vector of columns?

It would probably be simple enough to extend it to return a second value
that has the column names.  Although, now that I remember who wrote
this code, maybe that's not so simple.

Is this not open-source in FunO Dylan?  I guess it's probably only in the
professional edition...