adjust-stream-position() crashing

I'm having trouble with adjust-stream-position() in FunDev.
After a while of writing/reading the file, the following error occurs:

"Invalid bounds for <buffer> ... start: 16872, end: 16384"

I don't know anything about the internals of the streams library but
it seems like the 'end: 16384' might be a forced truncation of a
bigger size, as it happens several times with different start values.

The file is opened for "input-output" direction.

Has anybody else encountered this and knows the reason for this? any
workaround?

-Nimi