I recently completed my Ph.D. at MIT, advised by Shafi Goldwasser. During my Ph.D., I was in the Cryptography and Information Security group within the Theory of Computation group at MIT,
and also affiliated with MIT’s Internet Policy Research Initiative and with the Digital Currency Initiative at the MIT Media Lab.
I received my B.A. at the University of Cambridge and my S.M. at MIT.
I am currently a researcher at the Digital Currency Initiative at the MIT Media Lab, and I am also a Fellow at the Berkman-Klein Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University.
I am excited to be starting as a J.D. candidate at Harvard Law School in the fall of 2018.
Cryptography, privacy, law, game theory, and security.
Authors are listed alphabetically by last name, except where indicated by an asterisk.
- Compelled Decryption and the Fifth Amendment: Exploring the Technical Boundaries [SSRN]
Aloni Cohen and Sunoo Park
To appear in the Harvard Journal of Law and Technology (JOLT), Fall 2018 issue.
- Practical Accountability of Secret Processes
*Jonathan Frankle, Sunoo Park, Daniel Shaar, Shafi Goldwasser, and Daniel J. Weitzner
To appear in the 27th USENIX Security Symposium (USENIX Security 2018).
- Proactive Secure Multiparty Computation with a Dishonest Majority
Karim Eldefrawy, Rafail Ostrovsky, Sunoo Park, and Moti Yung
To appear in the 11th Conference on Security and Cryptography for Networks (SCN 2018).
- SpaceMint: A Cryptocurrency Based on Proofs of Space [pdf] [ePrint]
*Sunoo Park, Albert Kwon, Georg Fuchsbauer, Peter Gaži, Joël Alwen, and Krzysztof Pietrzak
In the 22nd International Conference on Financial Cryptography and Data Security (Financial Crypto 2018).
- Public Accountability vs. Secret Laws: Can They Coexist?
Shafi Goldwasser and Sunoo Park
In the 16th Workshop on Privacy in the Electronic Society (WPES) at CCS 2017.
- Towards Secure Quadratic Voting [pdf] [ePrint]
Sunoo Park and Ronald L. Rivest
In Public Choice 2017.
- How to Incentivize Data-Driven Collaboration Among Competing Parties [pdf] [ePrint] [arXiv]
Pablo Daniel Azar, Shafi Goldwasser, and Sunoo Park
In the 7th Innovations in Theoretical Computer Science conference (ITCS 2016).
- Adaptively Secure Coin-Flipping, Revisited [pdf] [ePrint] [arXiv]
Shafi Goldwasser, Yael Tauman Kalai, and Sunoo Park
In the 42nd International Colloquium on Automata, Languages, and Programming (ICALP 2015).
- Cryptographically Blinded Games: Leveraging Players' Limitations for Equilibria and Profit [pdf] [arXiv]
Pavel Hubáček and Sunoo Park
In the 15th ACM Conference on Economics and Computation (EC 2014).
In Fall 2016 I co-taught 6.889 Advanced Topics in the Theory of Cryptography, a graduate course at MIT.
In Spring 2016 I was a TA for 6.875 Cryptography and Cryptanalysis, a graduate course at MIT.
sunoo at csail·mit·edu (PGP key / fingerprint)