I am a Ph.D. student in the Cryptography and Information Security group within the Theory of Computation group at MIT, and I am a Fellow at the Berkman-Klein Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University.
My advisor is Shafi Goldwasser, and my research interests lie across
cryptography, privacy, law, game theory, and security.
I am also affiliated with MIT’s Internet Policy Research Initiative and with the Digital Currency Initiative at the MIT Media Lab.
In summer 2017, I am doing an internship at The New York Times.
I received my B.A. in Computer Science at the University of Cambridge, and received my S.M. in Computer Science at MIT.
In Fall 2016 I co-taught 6.889 Advanced Topics in the Theory of Cryptography.
In Spring 2016 I was a TA for 6.875 Cryptography and Cryptanalysis.
Authors are listed alphabetically by last name, except where indicated by an asterisk.
- SpaceMint: A Cryptocurrency Based on Proofs of Space [pdf] [ePrint]
*Sunoo Park, Albert Kwon, Georg Fuchsbauer, Peter Gaži, Joël Alwen, and Krzysztof Pietrzak
In the 22nd International Conference on Financial Cryptography and Data Security (Financial Crypto 2018).
- Public Accountability vs. Secret Laws: Can They Coexist?
Shafi Goldwasser and Sunoo Park
In the 16th Workshop on Privacy in the Electronic Society (WPES) at CCS 2017.
- Towards Secure Quadratic Voting [pdf] [ePrint]
Sunoo Park and Ronald L. Rivest
In Public Choice 2017.
- How to Incentivize Data-Driven Collaboration Among Competing Parties [pdf] [ePrint] [arXiv]
Pablo Daniel Azar, Shafi Goldwasser, and Sunoo Park
In the 7th Innovations in Theoretical Computer Science conference (ITCS 2016).
- Adaptively Secure Coin-Flipping, Revisited [pdf] [ePrint] [arXiv]
Shafi Goldwasser, Yael Tauman Kalai, and Sunoo Park
In the 42nd International Colloquium on Automata, Languages, and Programming (ICALP 2015).
- Cryptographically Blinded Games: Leveraging Players' Limitations for Equilibria and Profit [pdf] [arXiv]
Pavel Hubáček and Sunoo Park
In the 15th ACM Conference on Economics and Computation (EC 2014).