[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Dylan & MOP

Chris Double wrote:

> I think implementations have provided ways of getting slots of a
> class. You just can't do it in raw Dylan. Harlequin Dylan 2.0 beta has
> a persistent object library called 'dood' that does this to persist a
> class IIRC.

This was confirmed by Jonathan Bachrach's message: FO Dylan has the
capability in a library which is available but not documented.

> Much of what you want to do is available in CLOS. Are you looking to
> have the Dylan MOP more CLOS like?

I'm looking to either have it more CLOS like or to be convinved that
this is not necessary for what I want to do ;-) My major real-world OOP
experience is with C++; it doesn't get much more static than that. I've
been reading up on Objective-C, EOF, CLOS, the MOP, and Dylan all at
about the same time. I have reservations about the performance of CLOS;
EOF is possibly never going to be available for Windows; I'm cautiously
excited about Dylan in that it might provide a good balance of dynamism
and performance, and maybe just maybe some good cross-platform support.

It's hard to approach this without real-world experience in Dylan or any
dynamic OOP language.

Follow-Ups: References: