[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Dylan & MOP

Scott Ribe <sribe@miqs.com> writes:

> Given an object, you can find its class. Given a class, you can find
> its superclasses, and subclasses. You cannot find a class by name,
> and you cannot get the slots of a class.

I think implementations have provided ways of getting slots of a
class. You just can't do it in raw Dylan. Harlequin Dylan 2.0 beta has
a persistent object library called 'dood' that does this to persist a
class IIRC.

> You can't hook into or modify the behavior of method dispatch at
> all. I don't see a need (other than discussed above for "hooking up"
> method calls to dynamically generated gfs) for this. But that may
> just be a result of my inexperience with MOP concepts and their
> uses.

Much of what you want to do is available in CLOS. Are you looking to
have the Dylan MOP more CLOS like?

Chris.

Follow-Ups: References: