[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Parsing (XML) dynamically

> >So we (how many?) need a XML parser for Dylan.

> > Why? On Windows, at least, MS provide a free one along with Internet
> > Explorer, which has a COM interface. Dylan has a (rather good) COM
> > capability.

> It can be useful to have a portable XML library. Fun-Dev has an
> XML parser but I don't think it made it into the 2.0 Beta.

Oh sure, it cam be useful. I think we may have different opinions on the
interpretation of "need". Given limited resources, I would have thought time
could have been more productively spent on something less wheel-shaped.

> BTW I think the official API for DOM (XML's Document Object Model) is
defined
> in OMG (aka CORBA) IDL.

I believe the M$ COM component supports this model.

P.

Follow-Ups: References: