[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Mac d2c

Sorry to stay slightly off-topic, but gd-hackers bounces my postings....

The problem I am having with the Mac d2c port is consistently inconsistent
across Mindy and bootstrapped d2c when compiling the dylan lib:
Mindy throws an unmapped memory exception in fd_read.
d2c corrupts its Heap Zone header after parsing the first or second file
(bootstrap or macros), and this ultimately expresses itself as an unmapped
memory exception when looking for a source location (somewhere near a read
routine). I'm trying to find out which file is causing the problem.

I'm puzzled that both Mindy and the c-code d2c are having problems.

I've tried giving d2c lots of memory, which seems to vary when the crash happens
but not in a logical way.
I'm working on the garbage collection library compiler flags.
I'm working on heap and stack sizes.

I'm assuming the problem is either:
    My linefeed translation code (which is now minimal and asserted thoroughly).

    The GC configuration (which isn't shared by Mindy :-/)
    Stack size (testing next).
    Memory size, as suggested (anyone have a 256 Meg Mac?)
    The code CW 5 is generating, or the libraries shipped with it (MSL and
SIOUX).

If someone could tell me exactly how to put a watch on the heap zone header,
that would be great as I'm still not totally up to speed on MacsBug.
Any volunteers with MacsBug experience willing to test-run d2c, please please
please get in contact and I'll give you a URL to download an archive.
Anyone willing to enter into a converstion regarding this off-list, please
contact me as well.

Thanks.

- Rob.