[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A question

No, I am a very extraordinary asshole, with a high degree of pomposity:-).
I am also out here installing real systems to handle real problems.  If your
hobby contributes to the general knowledge in the industry then it is good.
If it is an obsession and requires rubber articles of clothing before it
satisfies, then it may not be so good for anyone but you.

Aside from the fact that all of your posts to me have been smart-ass
comments and oevrreactions, what more can I say?  I am sorry for offending
you and withdraw my comments.  Live long and prosper (Giving the Vulcan
V-sign, just like Leonard Nimoy)  ;-).

Thanks,

Steve

Michael T. Richter <mtr@ottawa.com> wrote in message
sAHf4.533$1M3.362@198.235.216.4">news:sAHf4.533$1M3.362@198.235.216.4...
> You really are just a plain, old, ordinary pompous asshole, aren't you?
>
> --
> Michael T. Richter    <mtr@ottawa.com>    http://www.igs.net/~mtr/
> "get a life. its a plastic box with wires in it."
> -- Nadia Mizner <nadiam@onthenet.com.au> (in private correspondence)
> Stephen J. Guthrie <steve.guthrie@mantissa.com> wrote in message
> %K7f4.13152$Ce.323012@monger.newsread.com">news:%K7f4.13152$Ce.323012@monger.newsread.com...
> > No, not necessarily.  I spent four years in an Airborne Infantry
battalion
> > in Germany.  We patrolled the border between Czechoslovakia and West
> > Germany, when we weren't running around "hut-hutting".   Wargames?  No,
> > don't think I am interested in the games.  Wargame theory?  Well, slap
my
> > mouth and call  me Von Neuman;-).
> >
> > I bring twenty years of experience in the IT industry to bear on my
> > opinions, none of which were spent wearing flip-flops and playing Star
> Trek
> > on a DARPA Unix box.  I'm not saying anything other than " . . . if the
> shoe
> > fits . . .".
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Steve
> >
> > Michael T. Richter <mtr@ottawa.com> wrote in message
> > X_6f4.35$Va2.39@198.235.216.4">news:X_6f4.35$Va2.39@198.235.216.4...
> > > Stephen J. Guthrie <steve.guthrie@mantissa.com> wrote in message
> > > qf5f4.13114$Ce.319400@monger.newsread.com">news:qf5f4.13114$Ce.319400@monger.newsread.com...
> > >
> > > Ah!  I see that you've made up your mind in advance on another
> subject....
> > >
> > > --
> > > Michael T. Richter    <mtr@ottawa.com>    http://www.igs.net/~mtr/
> > > "get a life. its a plastic box with wires in it."
> > > -- Nadia Mizner <nadiam@onthenet.com.au> (in private correspondence)

Follow-Ups: References: